Welcome International Students
Jacksonville University’s online programs welcome international students.
As an international student who has earned college or university credit outside the United States, you are required to have your foreign transcripts evaluated by an approved credential evaluation service. Click here to visit the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES) website to find an approved service. Three approved evaluating agencies are Josef Silny & Associates, International Education Research Foundation (IERF) and World Education Services (WES). Your credential evaluation will determine course equivalency to American educational standards. When working with the evaluating agency, please make sure they perform a course-by-course evaluation as this is required by Jacksonville University.
In addition to the admission requirements, international applicants also may be obligated to follow the below requirements:
- Academic Records: Certified, official bachelor’s degree bearing transcript (both original and English translations). The undergraduate transcript should indicate the degree earned. Transcripts should be sent directly to the University Alliance by the Registrar of the institute.
- An original course-by-course credential evaluation for all international transcripts from any agency that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). The outside agency of choice for evaluation of foreign credentials is World Education Services (WES)”. Applicants may, however, use the services of any member of the National Association for Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
- International transcripts must be provided but are not required to be ‘official’ or ’translated’ if not in English. To transfer credits from a foreign institution, applicants must submit official transcripts or certified true copies from each institution attended and an original, certified true English translation, if necessary. In addition, transcripts must be accompanied by an original, official transcript evaluation.
- Proof of English Proficiency, if your native language is not English. For information on the TOEFL, visit their website at www.toefl.org. US Embassies and Consulates may have information about these tests so test scores can be sent directly to Jacksonville University.
- International nursing students interested in applying to a nursing program must have an active U.S. RN license.
If you are a citizen of a country where English is not the official first language or attended a foreign institution you will be required to prove English proficiency. You must demonstrate proficiency by submitting original/or unofficial score reports, certificates or transcripts of the following:
- A 450 or higher on the Critical Reading portion of the SAT (high school transcript acceptable)
- A 20 or higher on the reading portion of the ACT (high school transcript acceptable)
- A 76 or higher on the internet-based TOEFL
- A 540 or higher on the paper-based TOEFL
- A 6.0 or higher on the IELTS (more commonly used in the Mideast and India)
- A C or higher in a college-level course in English Composition (the equivalent to ENGL 103)
- 24 or more credits with a minimum of a 2.0 GPA at a regionally accredited US institution
- 3 or more years of attendance with grades of C or higher at an American or English-speaking high school
A University Alliance program representative can assist you in applying to the online undergraduate programs and online graduate programs, or to answer your questions regarding international requirements. For more information, call a dedicated University Alliance program representative at +1 813-612-5302.