Admission to Jacksonville University’s online degrees in nursing is open to qualified men and women of any race, color, religion, and national or ethnic origin. Below is a summary of the application requirements. To apply to the RN to BSN or MSN programs, please call a University Alliance program representative toll free at 855-300-1472.
International students may be asked to provide additional documents; consult an enrollment advisor for details.
RN to BSN Admission Requirements
- An applicant to Jacksonville University’s online RN to BSN degree program, offered through the school of nursing, must be a graduate from a state-approved Associate’s Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Diploma nursing program.
- Students must have earned a "C" or better in general education courses where transfer credit is requested.
- Online students are required to have an active U.S. registered nurse license; however, licensure in the State of Florida is not required.
Candidates With an AA Degree
- If you earned an Associate of Arts degree (AA) from a regionally accredited college or university, up to 33 general education course credits can be awarded plus 30 credits for your active RN license. Your transcripts will also be evaluated for science or statistics courses that meet transfer credit requirements. If you earned an AS, AAS or diploma, we also encourage you to apply, as your transcripts will be evaluated for transfer credit. In total, you may transfer up to 90 credits. However, general education courses are not automatically waived. Speak to a program representative at 855-300-1472 to learn how you can graduate faster with Jacksonville University.
MSN Admission Requirements
- Active U.S. RN license.
- Current driver’s license or government-issued ID.
- Graduate from an ACEN or CCNE-accredited BSN nursing program with an overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges or universities.
- Evidence of completion of an undergraduate course in statistics and physical assessment.
- Students whose overall undergraduate GPA is below a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale must take the GRE. If the GRE was taken after August 2011, a total score of 290 or more on the combined verbal and quantitative sections is required. If the GRE was taken prior to August 2011, a total score of 900 or more on the combined verbal and quantitative sections is required.
- Three recommendations; two of which should be professional references. References should be from a supervisor familiar with the student’s clinical abilities and, if possible, an educator who taught the student.
- An essay describing personal reasons for pursuing an advanced degree and professional goals.
- Professional resume.
- TOEFL if the applicant’s primary language is not English.
- Students must successfully complete all coursework no later than five (5) years after completion of the first graduate-level course.
- MSN candidates must maintain an academic grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (B) during their enrollment in the program. In order to graduate, students must have at least a 3.0 (B) GPA.
- MSN students will be placed on academic probation if their cumulative GPA drops below 3.0 (B). Those who do not achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (B) within two semesters of being placed on academic probation will be dismissed from the program. A student who receives one “C” will be placed on probation. A subsequent grade of ‘C’ will dismiss them from the program regardless of GPA. A student who receives an “F” will be dismissed from the program. Students dismissed from the MSN program may appeal the action to the School of Nursing Admission Committee.
Enrolling in the program is easy. You can even take your first nursing class while you complete the formal application process.
- Call 855-300-1472 for your online application. There's no fee to apply!
- Submit your application, official transcripts, photo ID and RN license.
- Enroll in your first class - there are six sessions per year!
The current Jacksonville University Academic Catalog is your complete guide to all policies.