Financial Aid for Nurses Made Easy
Financial Aid for Nursing School
Financial aid for nursing school can come from a variety of sources. When you fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.FAFSA.ed.gov), you become eligible for federal aid as well as grants offered by your state. In Jacksonville’s home state of Florida, for instance, there are resident grants to assist nurses in obtaining their BSN.
Five Easy Steps
Obtaining financial aid for nursing school can be an intimidating process especially if this is your first time applying. The good news is your RN to BSN program representative will walk you through the financial aid process. It is a lot easier than it seems. Here’s is a breakdown:
- First you apply to JU by completing your academic application. Download an application, fill it out and return it to the postal address or fax number printed on the application. You can even scan the completed application and email it to your BSN program representative.
- Request a PIN number from the U.S. Department of Education and have it sent to you via email. It should arrive within five business days. This allows you to sign your FAFSA form electronically, saving you time in the financial aid application process.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid. JU’s school code is 001495.
- Now that you have applied for financial aid for nursing school and returned your application, call your BSN program representative toll free at 855-300-1472 to register for class. Your University Alliance program representative will keep you moving through the application process.
- You'll receive an award letter from the Department of Education letting you know what grants and/or loans you received. Call JU's Financial Aid office at 904-256-7060 if you have questions about the monetary value of your financial aid package.
We're here to help you every step of the way. Print out these five steps to obtaining financial aid for nursing school and use them as a checklist as you get your financing in place.