Expand Your Career With a Master’s in Nursing Degree
If you’ve achieved registered nurse (RN) status and earned your Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), a master’s in nursing degree can be the next step on your path to career success. Prepare for a role in nursing administration or nursing education with a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), which proves to employers that you have advanced management and development skills, an ability to leverage technology and the capacity to guide, lead and educate other nurses.
A Master’s in Nursing Degree Can Take You Farther
When you complete a master’s in nursing degree program, you can apply your professional interests, medical knowledge and clinical skills as you lead and mentor the next generation of nurses. A master’s in nursing offers you the opportunity to have tremendous influence on the future of nursing within such prestigious roles as chief nursing officer (CNO), nurse administrator, clinical nurse educator or director of education.
In addition to personal and professional fulfillment, a master’s in nursing degree can lead to substantially higher salaries. For example, according to November 2010 data on Salary.com, nursing directors earned a median annual income of $117,909, with those in the middle half of the pay scale earning between $104,280 and $133,099. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) findings show that as of May 2009, nursing educators working in general medical and surgical hospitals earned an average salary of $76,140, while those in specialty hospitals had average earnings of $103,500.
What Are the Benefits of a Master’s in Nursing Degree?
There are numerous benefits to earning a master’s in nursing, including:
- Distinguish yourself as the most qualified candidate for management or teaching positions.
- Become eligible for board certification in Nursing Professional Development, or as a Nurse Executive or Nurse Executive, Advanced.
- Attain better job opportunities and higher salaries than nurses with only a BSN.
- Prepare for further education at the doctoral level.
Enjoy the Flexibility of Technology With All the Benefits of On-Campus Learning
If you’ve put off continuing your education because of time and scheduling constraints, consider pursuing your master’s in nursing degree online. A number of reputable, accredited universities offer online master’s in nursing degree programs. For example, Jacksonville University (JU) offers an MSN:Leadership in Healthcare Systems as well as an MSN:Clinical Nurse Educator.
Here are just a few of the benefits enrolling in an online master’s in nursing degree program from Jacksonville University:
- Access a superior e-learning environment with a 100% online classroom available 24/7.
- Take up to two courses at a time and complete your MSN degree in as few as two years.
- Enhance your expertise under the guidance of JU’s nationally recognized faculty.
- Complete coursework anywhere and anytime it suits you, on your own schedule.
- Communicate with your professors as well as classmates around the country via message boards and a dedicated email system.
- Earn the same degree as campus-based students.
A study by the U.S. Department of Education found that students in online post-secondary education programs had superior learning outcomes and better performance than those in campus-based settings.* JU’s online nursing school students concur with those findings; many say they participate more fully and learn material more easily in their online studies than they did in a traditional classroom.
If you want to expand your nursing knowledge and advance your career, an online master’s in nursing degree program is the easiest, most convenient way to balance work, education and family.
The Career Outlook Is Bright With a Master’s in Nursing
There’s never been a better time to pursue your master’s in nursing degree. In the Occupational Outlook Handbook for 2010-11, the BLS predicts excellent career prospects in nursing, with much faster than average employment growth in the field over the coming years. Begin your studies now and you could earn your degree and be on your way to landing your dream job in as few as two years!
Apply to JU’s Online Master’s in Nursing Degree Program Today!
Convenient, comprehensive and affordable – just a few of the reasons why you should consider enrolling Jacksonville University’s world-class online master’s in nursing degree program. Regionally accredited and ranked among “America’s Best Colleges” by U.S. News & World Report, JU is currently accepting applications for upcoming sessions of its online master’s in nursing degree program. Apply today, and you can be on your way to exciting new career opportunities!
* Evidence-Based Practices in Online Learning: A Meta-Analysis and Review of Online Learning Studies. U.S. Department of Education, 2009.