MSN Admission Requirements
MSN Admission Requirements
Admission to Jacksonville University’s online master’s degree in nursing programs is open to qualified men and women of any race, color, religion, and national or ethnic origin. Below is a summary of the application requirements. To apply to the MSN program, please call a University Alliance program representative toll free at 855-300-1472.
- Active U.S. RN license
- Current driver’s license or government-issued ID
- Graduate from an NLNAC- or CCNE-accredited BSN nursing program with an overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges or universities.
- Evidence of completion of an undergraduate course in statistics and physical assessment.
- Students whose overall undergraduate GPA is below a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale must take the GRE. If the GRE was taken after August 2011, a total score of 290 or more on the combined verbal and quantitative sections is required. If the GRE was taken prior to August 2011, a total score of 900 or more on the combined verbal and quantitative sections is required.
- Three recommendations; two of which should be professional references. References should be from a supervisor familiar with the student’s clinical abilities and, if possible, an educator who taught the student.
- An essay describing personal reasons for pursuing an advanced degree and professional goals
- Professional resume
- TOEFL if the applicant’s primary language is not English
Students must successfully complete all coursework no later than five (5) years after completion of the first graduate-level course.
MSN candidates must maintain an academic grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (B) during their enrollment in the program. In order to graduate, students must have at least a 3.0 (B) GPA.
MSN students will be placed on academic probation if their cumulative GPA drops below 3.0 (B). Those who do not achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (B) within two semesters of being placed on academic probation will be dismissed from the program. A student who receives one “C” will be placed on probation. A subsequent grade of ‘C’ will dismiss them from the program regardless of GPA. A student who receives an “F” will be dismissed from the program. Students dismissed from the MSN program may appeal the action to the School of Nursing Admission Committee.
Begin Your MSN in Three Easy Steps
- Call 855-300-1472 for your online application. There's no fee to apply!
- Submit your application and necessary components.
- Enroll in your first class - there are six sessions per year!